A huge "good on ya!" to the House of Representatives for House Resolution 847.
House Resolution 847 “acknowledges and supports the role played by Christians and Christianity in the founding of the United States and in theformation of western civilization.”
(1) recognizes the Christian faith as one of the great religions of the world;
(2) expresses continued support for Christians in the United States and worldwide;
(3) acknowledges the international religious and historical importance of Christmas and the Christian faith;
(4) acknowledges and supports the role played by Christians and Christianity in the founding of the United States and in the formation of the western civilization;
(5) rejects bigotry and persecution directed against Christians, both in the United States and worldwide; and
(6) expresses its deepest respect to American Christians and Christians throughout the world.
The resolution passed 372 to 9. The 9 "Nay" votes are:
Ackerman, Gary [D-NY]
Clarke, Yvette [D-NY]
DeGette, Diana [D-CO]
Hastings, Alcee [D-FL]
Lee, Barbara [D-CA]
McDermott, James [D-WA]
Scott, Robert [D-VA]
Stark, Fortney [D-CA]
Woolsey, Lynn [D-CA]
For the voting list of all click here: (Full Voting List)
All I have to say to them is that I hope that they don't have a serious challenger in their district, but after this, they may...