Saturday, March 29, 2008

Press 1 for what?

Tom Tancredo Points Out The Obvious....

Today's subject happens to be the take-over and subsequent release of America. Everyone knows I am a true patriot and still feel we live in the best country in the world. So when did we give up? Like many others have said before, Why do I have to press 1 for English? Why is this even an option? I am not racist by any stretch of the imagination - just ask my mom!

My problem became obvious to me the other day when I was in a job-site porta-potty getting rid of cup #3 that morning. I realized there was nothing but Spanish writing on the walls. Now, I used to kind of look forward to visiting the job-site pottie solely for the witty banter written there. Now I can't understand whats written there. How can I enjoy a good joke like "Wash hands here" (with an arrow pointing to the urinal-esque hole in the side) or something else similarily crude but funny when its written in a FOREIGN language? Maybe I should broaden my horizons and learn a new language, but then again, why should I bother? Shouldn't they learn our (English) language?

Maybe they are thinking the same thing? Or maybe just write in English on the shit-house walls. I'm a funny guy and would like to understand what's written there. Could be the funniest thing I've ever heard, but I'll never know!

No comments: