Thursday, April 10, 2008

Obama Sez: I Am A Foreign Policy Expert Because I Went To Pakistan...

And, as it turns out, I visited the beach last summer so I'm now a marine biologist and whale expert....

To counter opponents’ accusations that he lacks experience in foreign policy, Senator Barack Obama of Illinois often cites his ties to relatives in poor villages in Kenya and the years he spent growing up in Indonesia.

Now he has added a new personal detail to that résumé: a trip to Pakistan while a college student.

During the speech, Mr. Obama also spoke about having traveled to Pakistan in the early 1980s. Because of that trip, which he did not mention in either of his autobiographical books, “I knew what Sunni and Shia was before I joined the Senate Foreign Relations Committee,” he said.


If he starts his next speech with "this one time, at Senator Camp..." I think my head may actually assplode.....

Read the rest here (NYT subscription is required)

CHOP

1 comment:

The Ranch said...

and I'm a gynocologist... heh heh heh