Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Think I Hear Something.....


Dateline from WASHINGTON (AFP)

–The Guantanamo 'war on terror' detention center should remain open indefinitely, Vice President Richard Cheney told ABC News in an interview Monday, while also defending the harsh interrogation method known as waterboarding.

Cheney was asked when the detention camp at the US naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba can be "responsibly" be shut down. "Well, I think that that would come with the end of the war on terror," he told ABC. In previous wars the United States has "always exercised the right to capture the enemy and then hold them till the end of the conflict.

That's what we did in World War II with, you know, thousands, hundreds of thousands of German prisoners,"Cheney said.

Cheney also said he helped authorize interrogation methods used on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, an Al-Qaeda operative detained in Pakistan and sent to Guantanamo who has confessed to being a top planner of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks in the United States.

WOW! I think I just heard about 58,000,000 Libturd heads explode....

I had no idea you could hear that from my house....

CHOP

No comments: