- My Family and my son, who is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
- My friends, who do more for me than I will ever be able to thank them for.
- My country, for giving so much to me and allowing me the opportunity to serve and give back.
- My health, and my leg is healing well from the motorcycle accident.
- My talents for expression and the written word
Colonel Jessup said it best to that peter-gazer Tom Cruise
"Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"
I am also thankful for the men and women, who, like me, are willing to give of themselves and stand on that wall, so that my family, and American families sleep warm and safe in their beds.